Well, I've been tagged by my friend, Becka. Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Well, I don't know if I can think of eight interesting things about me, but here goes....
1) I lived in Las Vegas, NV when the rocket fuel plant in Henderson blew up in 1989. All my windows and doors blew out and when I looked outside, I saw a mushroom cloud. I thought for sure we'd been nuked.
2) I had a horrible lisp when I was a child. Plus, I was born in Louisiana, and had a terrible southern accent, so when I moved to Colorado at five, my speech was interesting, to say the least. People used to give me quarters to talk. LOL I was shy and hated it and didn't really talk much for years! Which is probably why I started to write! (I have actually done an informal poll and discovered that quite a few writers had speech problems as children)
3) One of my best friends in high school was a movie star. :) My friend Kelly Reno starred in the Black Stallion movies as a child.
4) I have never broken a bone or had a cavity. (I've probably jinxed myself now)
5) I've been married 21 years and I still like my husband. LOL A miracle in this day in age, especially since we got married when I was 17 and he was 18.
6) I have a very black sense of humor. Death, chaos and mayhem are funny to me. I work as a police dispatcher and most people would probably be VERY highly offended by the things the cops and I find amusing. But I've been told it's a healthy coping mechanism. LOL
7) I have eclectic musical tastes. :) Right now my favorite band is Blue October.
8) It took me twelve years of seriously pursuing a writing career before I saw any results, and the best thing anybody ever said to me was when one of my kids said that I'd shown them to never give up because if you try hard enough you can make your dreams come true!
OK, I tag Shelli Stevens, Crystal Jordan, Heather Fowler, Samantha Lucas, Yolanda Sfetsos, Jennah Sharpe, Leanne Karella and Sable Grey