Thursday, May 10, 2007

Writer Friends

I love my writer friends! During the last week or two I've reconnected with a few I'd drifted away from and am so glad to have them back in my life. :) In the decade I've been in this crazy business, I've made friends with people from all over the country, both at conferences and online. (My husband calls my internet friends my "imaginery friends" LOL) It's wonderful to have that instant connection with a stranger, and know that they actually GET you. They understand why you'd rather write than sleep. They don't find the fact that you have people who live in your head odd. They cry with you over your (many) disappointments and help you celebrate your (few) triumphs. So thank you Renee, Tina and Sarah! So good to hear from you again!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Isn't it crazy that we've only actually been in the same space together one weekend, but I found myself missing you after reading this post? I find our friendship so fun and good and crazy. I haven't kept in touch this long with people that I lived in the same house with! BTW, Great Falls is just four hours or so from me so if you are in the area, let me know. And I'm praying for your family and your son. Keep me updated on his status, particularly if he gets shipped out. What is he doing, btw? (As in his army (is he army?) position.)