Friday, May 18, 2007

Road Trip :)

I love road trips! When I was a child, it seemed we went somewhere almost every weekend. My mom and sister would sleep most of the way, but I was always bright eyed and bushy tailed, watching the world go by, keeping my dad company. Since I married and had children of my own, it seems I rarely get a chance to just take off the country and see what I can see. But in about fifteen minutes, I'm getting into my oldest son's cool little sports car and driving it halfway across the country to California, where he's in tech school for the Air Force. He has been missing his car like crazy, and I jumped at the chance to take it to him. I think there are few things better than cruising to places you've never been before with the windows down and the radio blasting. My husband would definitely disagree. LOL He likes to fly, and if he must drive he needs to have every second of the trip planned out. It makes him crazy when I want to detour off the highway and check out a point of interest or take some back road. Of course, since I just worked a twelve hour graveyard shift, I'm going to be EXHAUSTED by the time I get there, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. :) See you when I get back.

No comments: